What is Service Care?
At Mercedes-Benz, we believe that when our customers purchase a Mercedes-Benz vehicle, they purchase an experience. Not only do we strive to make that experience pleasant, we also pride ourselves in going the extra mile to ensure their journey with us is long lived. That is why we have introduced Service Care for vehicles that no longer have a maintenance plan.
What is Service Care?
Service Care is a budgeting plan that covers servicing costs for a Mercedes-Benz vehicle. The vehicle should be out of maintenance and aged up to 10 years old with a mileage of < 200 000 km. Our customers have the privilege of purchasing either two or four services at one go, safeguarding themselves against unknown future servicing costs.
Who can purchase Service Care?
Any Mercedes-Benz customer with vehicles outside of the Maintenance plan (MobiloDrive or PremiumDrive) with vehicle mileage of < 200 000km and less then10 years old.
What does Service Care cover?
Labour and parts costs for the manufacturer’s recommended service content. Therefore only service items eg: oil filter, Spark plugs, fuel filter.
All items required on the Electronic Service Sheet (ESS).
What does Service Care not cover?
Items not covered on the ESS.
It does not cover wear and tear items and any other repairs such as brakes, suspension etc.
What Service Care options are available?
You have the option of choosing between the following Service Care options provided your vehicle meets the set criteria:
- SERVCARE2: Comprises of two services.
- SERVCARE4: Comprises of four services.
- SERVCARE+2: Top up of two additional services on top of the first/original plan that was purchased.
- SERVCARE+4: Top up of four additional services on top of the first/original plan that was purchased.
How to purchase Service Care?
- You are able to purchase Service Care at any time provided your vehicle is below 200 000 km, and up to 10 years old.
- Step 1: Get into contact with a Finance and Insurance consultant at your nearest dealer.
- Step 2: The consultant will issue a cost estimate that is valid for 7 days.
- Step 3: Should you wish to accept the estimate, you will be allowed to purchase.
- Service Care is available as of 1 November 2013.
Frequently Asked Questions
A customer has used all of their services. Can they buy extra services
Yes: The customer can top up the initial 2/4 services with an extra 2/4 services (SERVCARE+2/ SERVCARE+4) provided the parameters are met.
What happens if a customer needs to end their contract early – vehicle write off/stolen
An income vs expenditure calculation is completed to see what amount is owed to the customer.
When can the first service be completed
The first service can be performed as soon as contracts admin has activated the contract.
A Customer has a kilometre reading of 199 000km and vehicle is 9.5 years old. Can the customer still purchase 4 services.
Yes: The customer may purchase either 2 OR 4 services at ANY time as long as the vehicle is within the parameter of <200 000km and < 10 years of age.